[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]Everyone wants the peace of mind knowing that everything at home is safe. Here are a few precautions you can take to keep your home safe while you’re away.
- Arrange to have a friend or colleague pick up your newspapers, mail, or other deliveries daily.
- Secure your home. Close and lock all windows and doors. Don’t forget to lock garage or gate doors.
- Consider purchasing timers to turn on outside and inside lights automatically at various times throughout the night.
- Ask a friend or family member to check your residence periodically, ensuring your furnace or air conditioning is functioning and that timers and lights are working.
- Mow your lawn just before leaving; make arrangements to have someone mow it again if you will be gone for an extended period of time.
- In the winter, make arrangements to have someone shovel walkways if it snows. At a minimum, have a neighbor walk from the street to your door several times.
- If possible, ask a friend or neighbor to park a car in your driveway (if you are taking yours).
- Lock all jewelry, important papers, currency, and other valuable portables in a safe place such as a safe deposit box or home safe.
- Ensure all personal and home insurance policies are up-to-date and that your coverage is adequate.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text]Contact us today for a no-obligation discussion about your training and security needs.[/vc_column_text]